February: New Ham Radio Operator Introduction to the Hobby, Session One.
NOTE: Meeting moved to the THIRD Saturday for this month only.
- Pro's and Con's to hand held, base and mobile radios.
- Radio manufacturers, ease of use, cost, performance and best starter radio comparison.
March: (Testing Session) John Glass: CPR Training
April: New Ham Radio Operator Introduction to the Hobby, Session Two
- Power Supplies
- Programming Software
- Advanced Radio Comparison
May: Hurricane Season Presentation & Push-Up Pole Installation
June: Field Day Preparations
- George County ARES/Ham Radio Activity: (Field Day - June 25th & 26th 2022)
- George County ARES Activity: Testing Session at Field Day Event
July: Antenna Launcher Building Project.
August: What is, and How to Use Group Call on Your Radio
George County ARES/Ham Radio Activity: Simulated Emergency Test (SET), (Tentatively scheduled for the first weekend in August.)
September: (Testing Session) HF Radio
- Features to look for
- Radio Comparisons
October: Explanation of Memory Types & Memory Banks on Our Radios and how to make good use of them.
November: (Testing Session) Open Topic
December: Christmas Luncheon and Ham Radio Password